AFB Bag filter housing suitable for filtration of water
Amafilter – LFC Lochem (Filtration Group Process Systems) supplies a wide range of filter bags and bag filter housings. Bag filters are a simple, easy to use and economical choice. Our bag filters are excellent for use in the filtration of liquids containing higher concentrations of coarse solids. They are particularly beneficial when handling batches of (various) liquids. Besides our bag filters can be used as end-filtration or polishing of liquids with extremely low concentrations of solids.
- Easy to use, good interior sealing and accessibility
- Strong stainless steel support basket for low flow resistance and maximum utilisation of entire surface area
- Slightly conical support basket for easy filter bag removal
- Perfect sealing between unfiltered liquid and filtered liquid is achieved by a bag retainer. The filter bag seals with a felt-covered Snap-Collar ring or plastic seal which tightly fits into the support basket
- Liquid displacement cover: no liquid runs over the side when opening the filter
- Liquid displacer units are available to reduce the liquid volume inside the filter bags
- PED 2014/68/EU: article 4 paragraph 3
- Maximum vapor pressure: < 0.5 bar(g)
- Design pressure: 0 / 10 bar(g)
- Design temperature: 0 / 90 °C
- Support basket recommended maximum differential pressure: 2.5 bar
- Filter housing material: 316Ti stainless steel
- Standard cover closing with hinged eye-bolts and eye-nuts.
- Available for size 1 and size 2 filter bags
- Height adjustable legs
- Flat cover with handle
- Mesh support basket
- O-ring material: standard NBR (Buna-N), other material on-request
- FDA or EU1935/2004 compliant on-request
Special models to meet your requirements
Other models suitable for higher temperature, higher pressure or made from another material, are available on-request.
Download Product PDF
AFB bag filter housing for water filtration SBR20190430.
In the 1930’s Mr. L. Benjamins started a company in the Netherlands which sold filtration consumables and parts.
After WW2 Mr. L. Benjamins and his son started importing and not much later the manufacturing of “Niagara filters” branded as “Amsterdamse Machine- en Apparatenfabriek” (amafilter®). The main products were vertical pressure blades for the food & beverage industry. Soon after amafilter started exporting it’s products worldwide.
Due to rapid growth amafilter® moved from Amsterdam to Alkmaar. The new location in Alkmaar expanded multiple times to offer more production capacity. In those years many filter types were developed. Many filters were added to the amafilter scope of products.
The amafilter® brand is a well established name in the global market for solid-liquid filtration serving customers worldwide.
In 1979, three employees of Machine Factory Arnhem in the Netherlands started their own company to manufacture pressure leaf filters and named the company “Liquid Filtration Consultants“ or “LFC Lochem®”.
The company quickly gained an outstanding reputation as an innovative engineering and manufacturing company that specialized in liquid filtration technology.
Over the years, LFC Lochem® developed and perfected many filtration products. This resulted in a high quality, comprehensive standard range for widely diverging industries.
LFC Lochem® has an excellent reputation in the field of filtration technology and on its ability to quickly respond to specific customer requests.
Example: AFB – 180T – 2F
90 = Size 1
180 = Size 2
T = Stainless steel 316Ti (1.4571)
TY = Stainless steel 316Ti (1.4571)
include stainless steel bolts and nuts
2 = Rp2 – ISO7 – 1
3 = Rp3 – ISO7 – 1
2B = Pipe Ø60.3 mm
3B = Pipe Ø88.9 mm
2F = DN50 acc. EN1092/PN16
3F = DN80 acc. EN1092/PN16
2FA = 2” class 150
3FA = 3” class 150
2SC = 2” sanitary coupling acc. DIN 11851
3SC = 3” sanitary coupling acc. DIN 11851
Download Product Datasheet (PDF)
Download Product Datasheet
AFB bag filter housing for water filtration SBR20190430