S-AFC3-25 S-AFC3-24 Plastic multi-cartridge filter housing
In specific applications a plastic bag filter housing is preferable to a metal filter housing. amafilter – LFC Lochem (Filtration Group Process Systems) has for these applications the solution with our S-AFC series.
S-AFC is a polypropylene multi-cartridge filter housing.
Cartridge filters are being used in the filtration of liquids containing fine particles, safety filter, as end-filtration or polishing of liquids with minor concentrations of particles.
- Fluid does not come into contact with metal parts
- Easy to use, smooth surface for cleanability
- Quick replacement of filter cartridge without additional tools
- Suitable for multi cartridges with outer diameter of 71 mm
- Suitable for all common types of filter cartridges
- Cartridges with end-cap configuration X0, X3 or X8
- The S-AFC3-24 filter housing can be operated with all liquids belonging to PED2014/68/EU Fluid group 2, if vapor pressure of 0.5 bar(g) is not exceeded
- Filtration of seawater
- Filtration of chemicals (such as acids and alkaline)
- PED 2014/68/EU: article 4 paragraph 3
- Maximum vapor pressure: < 0.5 bar(g)
- Maximum (operating) temperature: 90 oC at 1 bar
- Maximum (operating) pressure: 6 bar at 30 oC
- Filter housing material: polypropylene
- Multi cartridge filter housing per 3 or 6 cartridge positions
- Suitable for cartridge length 10’’, 20’’, 30’’ or 40’’ (inch)
- Closing bolts material: Plastic-covered metal bolts (1.4571)
- Inlet/outlet connection: flange or thread
- Vent plug standard
- Suitable end-cap configuration X0, X3 or X8
- O-ring material: standard FPM
- On-request pressure gauge (large) available
We understand that our customer‘s facing complex processes and environmental requirements. There where a standard filter housing could not be sufficient, our engineers are able to design a custom made filtration solution.
S-AFC3-24 plastic multi cartridge filter SBR20190430
In the 1930’s Mr. L. Benjamins started a company in the Netherlands which sold filtration consumables and parts.
After WW2 Mr. L. Benjamins and his son started importing and not much later the manufacturing of “Niagara filters” branded as “Amsterdamse Machine- en Apparatenfabriek” (amafilter®). The main products were vertical pressure blades for the food & beverage industry. Soon after amafilter started exporting it’s products worldwide.
Due to rapid growth amafilter® moved from Amsterdam to Alkmaar. The new location in Alkmaar expanded multiple times to offer more production capacity. In those years many filter types were developed. Many filters were added to the amafilter scope of products.
The amafilter® brand is a well established name in the global market for solid-liquid filtration serving customers worldwide.
In 1979, three employees of Machine Factory Arnhem in the Netherlands started their own company to manufacture pressure leaf filters and named the company “Liquid Filtration Consultants“ or “LFC Lochem®”.
The company quickly gained an outstanding reputation as an innovative engineering and manufacturing company that specialized in liquid filtration technology.
Over the years, LFC Lochem® developed and perfected many filtration products. This resulted in a high quality, comprehensive standard range for widely diverging industries.
LFC Lochem® has an excellent reputation in the field of filtration technology and on its ability to quickly respond to specific customer requests.
S-AFC3, S-AFC6, S-AFC9, S-AFC12 = 3 cartridges positions
S-AFC18, S-AFC24 = 6 cartridge positions
2 Cartridge Length
1 = 10”
2 = 20”
3 = 30”
4 = 40”
P = polypropylene
1F = flange DN25 (for S-AFC3, S-AFC6, S-AFC9, S-AFC12
1.5F = flange DN40 (for S-AFC3, S-AFC6, S-AFC9, S-AFC12)
2F = flange DN50 (only available for SAFC18 or S-AFC24)
3F = flange DN80 (only available for SAFC18 or S-AFC24)
5 Cartridge type
– = (X0, X4)
X3 = X3
X8 = X8
V = FKM (standard)
E = EPDM