Horizontal Pressure Leaf Filter for Molten Sulphur filtration
Amafilter – LFC Lochem (Filtration Group Process Systems) designs, develops and manufactures advanced vertical and horizontal pressure leaf filters. A pressure leaf filter is a filter with a large filtration area due to the shape of the filter elements. A pressure leaf filter produces high filtrate clarity after the clarification run.
Thanks to the hermetic closed system together with it’s pressure energized self-sealing system it is the perfect solution in sulphur filtration.
The Horizontal Pressure Leaf Filter is a closed filtration system and can be automated upon customer request. This filter produces high filtrate clarity after the clarification run and is suitable for most filter aids. The regeneration time between the filtration cycles is short which increases productivity.
- Large filtration area due to the shape of the filter elements
- Robust rectangular filter screens, double sided and easy to clean
- Heating jacket to maintain high process temperatures
- Horizontal pressure leaf filters can be delivered as tandem units to save floor space
- Pressure Leaf Filters can be automated upon customer request
- The pressure leaf filter itself has no rotating parts, keeping maintenance to a minimum
- The filter leaf spacing is 125 mm to allow precoat and longer filtration times
- The filter leaves are mounted on a manifold for easy removal and mounting.
- Heavy duty filter screens with five layers of wiremesh and reinforced bindings to protect the rim during manual cake removal
- Matching guidance energy chain transport system for electrical wiring and steam hose (retractable shell models)
- Exchangable inlet manifold side bars on each side of the filter elements to ensure easy accessability
- Teflon scraper blades for easy cake removal
- Hydraulic bayonet closing system
Retractable shell with a lower support frame
The bundle doesn’t move here, the shell is supported by rails and moves over the bundle.
Retractable shell with an overhead suspension frame
The bundle doesn’t move, the shell hangs from a support structure and moves over the bundle.
The shell doesn’t move; the bundle with filter elements moves in and out of the shell.
amafilter – LFC Lochem can engineer, design and build pressure leaf filters compliant with many design codes like:
(PED) 2014/68/EU ; ASME U-stamp or CRN * ; EN13445 ; AD2000 * ; TRCU32 ; British Standard ; NR13 ; AS 1210 ; CODAP ; SELO and others.
In the 1930’s Mr. L. Benjamins started a company in the Netherlands which sold filtration consumables and parts.
After WW2 Mr. L. Benjamins and his son started importing and not much later the manufacturing of “Niagara filters” branded as “Amsterdamse Machine- en Apparatenfabriek” (amafilter®). The main products were vertical pressure blades for the food & beverage industry. Soon after amafilter started exporting it’s products worldwide.
Due to rapid growth amafilter® moved from Amsterdam to Alkmaar. The new location in Alkmaar expanded multiple times to offer more production capacity. In those years many filter types were developed. Many filters were added to the amafilter scope of products.
The amafilter® brand is a well established name in the global market for solid-liquid filtration serving customers worldwide.
In 1979, three employees of Machine Factory Arnhem in the Netherlands started their own company to manufacture pressure leaf filters and named the company “Liquid Filtration Consultants“ or “LFC Lochem®”.
The company quickly gained an outstanding reputation as an innovative engineering and manufacturing company that specialized in liquid filtration technology.
Over the years, LFC Lochem® developed and perfected many filtration products. This resulted in a high quality, comprehensive standard range for widely diverging industries.
LFC Lochem® has an excellent reputation in the field of filtration technology and on its ability to quickly respond to specific customer requests.
In molten sulphur filtration amafilter – LFC Lochem is the undisputed market leader. With our extensive experience we are able to optimize your total process performance.
Impurities have a negative impact on a trouble-free continuous production of sulphuric acid.
When the catalyst in the burner / converter is progressively polluted by impurities the pressure drop will increase quickly and which will cause shorter operating cycles. Shorter operating cycles result in longer downtime, lower production capacity and higher production costs.
A similar problem is faced in the production of carbon disulphide, in which process reactor tubes are susceptible to blockage by dirt with the same end result.
The elemental sulphur needs to be filtered from impurities that can be present in the molten sulphur. The impurities are ash, dust and organic particles.
Filtration of molten sulphur is the best solution to lower the maintenance interval of the Sulphur burners, catalyst beds, and pipe reactors significantly from 3-6 months to 2 years.
Sulphur filters can be found in the following industries:
- Fertilizer industry
- Sulphuric and phosphoric acid industry
- Oil refinery industry
- Mining industry