amaFlow multi-layer needle felt filter bag
AP – XL/z – x/z – x/y/z
SP – XL/z – x/z – x/y/z
The amaFlow multi-layered needle felt filter bags have improved filtration properties and extended service life due to their increased depth design. The dual or triple layer filter design can be optimized to suit specific applications, resulting in improved filtration efficiency.
- Filter bags with multiple layers can be useful for removing particles which are usually difficult to filter.
- Multi-layer also gives a longer filter life.
- The contaminants are gradually removed from the liquid when filtered through the graduated layers of filtration media.
- These bags can be made from material with the same or different micron ratings.
- Bags are quick and easy to change-out.
- Inside-out flow keeps contaminants enclosed in the bag.
- The standard filter bags are sized to fit into our baskets and housings, but will also fit into most other housings.
- Special sizes are available on request.
- Available as an option are antimigration covers on the felt, made either from non-woven nylon fleece or very fine nylon mesh.
- Bags are silicone-free (does not apply to 0.5 μm AP bag) and are produced in a silicone-free environment.
- Materials used for amaFlow AP and SP comply with the European Regulation EC1935/2004 and EU10/2011 (Materials that come in contact with food).
- Food and Beverages
- General chemical
The amaFlow extended life (XL) bags are double-layer bags with a 200 μm needled felt as the first layer. This first layer removes the larger particles, thus reduces the contaminant load to the final layer, increasing the service life of the filter bag.
In order for bag filters to function properly, especially with smaller pore sizes, a good seal between bag and support basket is of great importance. For this reason, there are two options:
- The Snap-Collar; a felt-covered metal or plastic ring which clicks neatly into the upper collar of the support basket. The felt serves as the sealing.
- The plastic flange (with handles) which tightly fits into our standard baskets. Available in polypropylene and polyester.
Surface treatment amaFlow multi-layer needle felt filter bag AP – XL/z – x/z – x/y/z SP – XL/z – x/z – x/y/z
Polypropylene and polyester are thermally treated on the outside as standard. This will further minimize any possible release of fibers from the needled felt filter media. During the thermal treating process, the softened fibers are bonded together on the downstream side of the bag.
The filter bag must be properly mounted into the support basket before starting the filtration process.
Filtration Group can support you regarding the chemical compatibility of the filter media.
Example A P 1 0 0 / 5 0 / 2 5 – P / S 2 – S S
AP = Polyester
SP = Polypropylene
2 Micron rating [µm]
AP = 0,8; 1; 3; 5; 10; 25; 50; 75; 100; 150; 200
SP = 0,8; 1; 3; 5; 10; 25; 50; 75; 100; 150; 200
X / Z* = First layer X µm, final layer Z µm
X / Y / Z* = First layer X µm, second layer Y µm, final layer Z µm
* Please contact Filtration Group BV for advise and possibilities
S = Outside thermally treated (AP)
P/S = Outside thermally treated (SP)
4 Bag dimensions
1 = Size 1 (Ø 178 x 432 mm)
2 = Size 2 (Ø 178 x 800 mm)
S = Carbon steel ring (Snap-Collar)
SS = Stainless steel AISI 304 ring (Snap-collar) (AP only)
P = Polypropylene flange (for SP)
E = Polyester flange ( for AP)
E-WE = Polyester flange, fully welded (AP)
P-WE = Polypropylene flange, fully welded (SP)
7 Additional handle
HS = Handle strap, from same material as needled felt (S,SS)
8 Other options
1PK = Single packed in plastic bag, together in box
N = Nylon mesh cover
C = Nylon fleece cover