amaFlow extended life needle felt filter bag PEXL – POXL
For a wide number of filtration applications, amaFlow filter bags are an easy to use and economical choice. The amaFlow XL extended life needle felt filter bags have improved filtration properties and extended service life due to increased depth design from graded needle felt.
- amaFlow PEXL and POXL are made from a thicker, graded felt material (polyester or polypropylene). The contaminants are gradually removed from the liquid when filtered through the graduated structure of filtration media.
- amaFlow PEXL and POXL are fully welded filter bags.
- Inside-out flow keeps contaminants enclosed in the bag.
- Bags are quick and easy to change-out.
- The filter bags are standard equipped with two handles on the flange.
- The standard filter bags are sized to fit into Filtration Group baskets and housings, but will also fit into most other housings.
- Bags are silicone-free and are produced in a silicone-free environment.
- Materials used for amaFlow PEXL and POXL comply with the European Regulation EC1935/2004 and EU10/2011 (Materials that come in contact with food).
- Removal of gel particles
- Food and Beverages
- Irregular shaped particles
- Coating, Ink and Paint industry
- General chemicals
The amaFlow XL extended life needle felt filter bags are standard available in polyester or polypropylene filter media with many different micron ratings.
All amaFlow XL extended life needle felt filter bags are thermally treated on the outside as standard. This will further minimize any possible release of fibres from the needle felt filter media. During the thermal treating process the softened fibres are bonded together on the filtrate side of the bag.
The amaFlow PEXL and POXL filter bags are equipped with a plastic seal flange in polypropylene.
The PEXL and POXL filter bags are also available in added area configuration (amaFlow AA), to be used in combination with special support baskets.
In order for bag filters to function properly, especially with smaller pore sizes, a good seal between bag and support basket is of great importance. For this reason we have the plastic flange (with handles) which tightly fits into our housings.
The filter bag must be properly mounted into the support basket before starting the filtration process.
Filtration Group can support you regarding the chemical compatibility of the filter media.
Example P E X L 0 0 5 – P / S 2 – E – W E – 1 P K
PEXL = Polyester
POXL = Polypropylene
2 Micron rating [µm]
PEXL = 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100
POXL = 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100
P/S = Outside thermally treated (POXL)
S = Outside thermally treated (PEXL)
4 Bag dimensions
1 = Size 1 (Ø 178 x 432 mm)
2 = Size 2 (Ø 178 x 800 mm)
P-WE = Polypropylene flange, fully welded (POXL)
E-WE = Polyester flange, fully welded (PEXL)
6 Other options
1PK = Single packed in plastic bag, together in box
Download Product PDF